Thursday 12 January 2012

Gwyneth and Me : )

Recently, I came across a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow wearing the Elie Saab emerald green dress I posted a few months ago. While I was so happy to come across a picture of someone looking so lovely in the dress I had liked so much against my better judgment, the picture also rekindled a fondness I used to have for Gwyneth Paltrow.
To me, Gwyneth Paltrow was the embodiment of style. I warmed to black and white as my favourite colours early on, and Gwyneth Paltrow too, seemed to lean towards these colours, often in simple silhouettes. She brought such trends as slip dresses to the forefront and introduced me to the world of the understated and unadorned. I followed her lead, keeping colours neutral, designs simple, and accessories delicate and minimal.
While I found comfort and ease in staying within these limits, style rules like any are meant to be broken and Gwyneth Paltrow’s style took a new direction. While she moved forward, I stayed behind. Her bolder choices led her to new fashion highs and lows, but to me none of her more recent dresses compare to her early choices, despite the acclaim they may receive from Style Editors and Fashion Critics.
Perhaps the emerald dress was the olive branch. In increasing my flexibility of what constitutes style and with Gwyneth Paltrow’s fashion equivalent of teenage rebellion behind her, I have come to appreciate her style again.
Here are some of my favourites of her dresses. : )



And, some more recent dresses that I thought were very pretty too. : )



I think this could be the mending of a very stylish relationship. ; )
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment